Job Title and Responsibilities:
For Thompson Gray I’m a Help Desk Specialist / Systems Analyst for the Navy Defense Health Agency. With the customer, I’m a GFEBS Deployment Specialist supporting the Defense Health Agency’s GFEBS deployment. Working on the Health Affairs Functional Champion team as the San Antonio Onsite Support Lead, I coordinate support and services for the DHA GFEBS users assigned to San Antonio and the Western portion of the United States.
After serving in the Army as a Combat Medic, I transitioned to civil service as a Financial/Budget Analyst and DTS Administer the same year that GFEBS was implemented within Army Medical Command. I’ve been a DA civilian and contractor filling a variety of GFEBS roles such as GFEBS user, trainer, help desk support, and now deployment specialist. While working full time as a Budget Analyst my first year and a GFEBS Trainer my second year, I completed my MBA at Texas A&M - Central Texas.
I originally joined Thompson Gray in August, 2014, but left to pursue other opportunities in April, 2016. Not long ago, my husband and I relocated to San Antonio in support of his career as an Army Auditor. This move gave me a wonderful opportunity, to join Thompson Gray again!
We have two fur-babies, 80 pound chocolate labs that run our lives and our home. My favorite hobbies are watching HGTV, Food Network, Cooking Channel, and reading fiction political thriller books.
Qualifications & Expertise & Achievements:
My area of expertise is Army operations, Army Medical operations, and GFEBS knowledge. I specialize in GFEBS Spending Chain, Reimbursables, Cost Management; specifically DTS, and Business Intelligence. I believe in supporting the customer to the utmost of my ability and ensuring I provide them with the keys to maximize mission success. I’ve obtained my SAP Certification as an Integration Consultant (TERP 10).
Memberships and Activities (Professional and Other):
America Society of Military Comptrollers
Delta Mu Delta
National Society of Leadership and Success
SALUTE Veteran’s Honor Society
Getting to Know You:
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- I would travel to Guanacaste, Costa Rica; Roatan, Honduras, and Algrave, Portugal to learn more about those beautiful countries and research the ability to retire to one of those locations.
- What is the best vacation you have ever taken?
- My husband and I drove to Key West, FL from Ft. Hood, TX for a weeklong vacation in 2011. Although nothing was perfect and we had a dead car battery along the way, the time we spent connecting and making memories was priceless.
- What was your favorite TV show when growing up?
- Dukes of Hazard and Knight Rider.